How do I choose the right pack frame size?
To choose the right size pack frame you must first determine your torso length. This can be easily done with a flexible tape measure and the help of a friend. First bend your neck forward to touch your chin to your chest. Then put your hands on your hips with your thumbs pointed towards your spine and rotate your hands until your thumbs meet in the middle. Keep your hands in position and ask your friend to measure along your spine from your thumbs to the prominent bump on the back of your neck (the C7 vertebrae). This measurement is your torso length. Simply compare this measurement to the sizing chart on the packs product page and you are all set.
Back to Top
My torso length is in between sizes. What torso size should I choose?
We have found that, particularly with our stayed packs, for individuals who are in between torso sizes it is best to choose the smaller torso size. If you choose to go up to the larger size most times the shoulder straps do not wrap around the top of the shoulder, which can upset the balance of the pack, and the stay is too tall and will interfere with your head's natural range of motion. In our stayed packs, there is a 3" difference in the actual torso length from size to size. The actual torso length on the Aquilo and Kalais packs is: Small - 15", Medium - 18", Large - 21", X Large - 24". The Actual torso length on the Aduro SL pack is S/M - 17.5", M/L - 19.5".
Do your packs have adjustable torso sizing?
Yes, The Kalais and Aquilo packs both offer adjustable torso size as a standard feature. The Aduro SL packs have fixed torso lengths that are not adjustable.
How do I choose the right size hip belt?
For the ideal hip belt fit, you should have at least 1 inch of foam beyond the front edges of your hip bones. To choose the right size hip belt, measure from the front edge of your hip bone on one side of your pelvis, around your back to the front of the hip bone on the opposite side of your body. Then compare this measurement with the sizing chart on the pack's product page. We also provide an approximate range of waist sizes for each hip belt size to assist you in choosing the correct size hip belt.
Are your products available in other materials and can I get additional customizations made to my pack besides those listed on the product pages?
We try to offer the best materials available for our products and to offer a wide selection of standard customization options to suit just about everyone. If you are interested in having one of our products made with a different material or with other non-standard customizations, please contact customer service and we will be happy to discuss the options and pricing with you. All sales are final on any custom work outside the standard options offered through the website. As such, any product made with non-standard customizations may not be returned or exchanged under the terms of our return policy. Please be sure you are buying the correct size and are 100% sure of your choices before ordering.
How do I adjust the fit of my Elemental Horizons pack?
To adjust the fit of your pack, start with the pack empty. Before putting the pack on, loosen all the straps almost as much as possible. For the Kalais and Aquilo packs, make sure all four of the hip belt adjustment straps are roughly equal length.
1. Put the pack on, and buckle the hip belt. Do not tighten any straps at this time.
2. Start by pulling all 4 hip belt adjustment straps until all the slack is removed. Then tighten the upper pair of hip belt adjustment straps until the belt is snug. Finally adjust the lower pair. Make sure the Iliac crest is vertically centered in the hip belt. By tightening the upper set of straps first, the hip belt will cant to conform to the natural curves of the body. The hip belt should be comfortably tight.
3. Next adjust the shoulder straps to be snug but not tight. The shoulder straps primary function is to keep the pack balanced so it does not swing wildly from side to side as you walk.
4. Next attach the sternum strap and snug it up. Make sure there is still a loop on the non-adjustable side so that your breathing is not restricted. The sternum strap is designed only to prevent the shoulder straps from sliding to the outside of your shoulders, so it should never be under a great deal of tension.
5. Finally tighten the load lifter straps to bring the pack into the body.
Do you ship to other countries?
Yes. We ship to a variety of countries all around the world. For International orders we offer USPS Priority mail International, which we have found to be the most economic and efficient shipping method for international orders. For a complete list of countries you may begin the order process or contact us and we will be happy to assist you. International customers who would like a different shipping method may contact customer service and we will be happy to discuss other options with you.
Loading... Please wait...